Sunday, March 14, 2010

Greetings!



Hello friends and welcome to my maritime blog! For the next several months I will be journeying on the Research Vessel Heraclitus from the waters of the Caribbean across the waves of the Atlantic to Morocco. I plan on updating this blog as often as possible with photos, drawings, paintings, and stories from the sea. As a completely novice sailor, I expect to encounter a wealth of challenges and paradigm-shifting perspectives as I learn the way of the waves.

Since it was built in 1975 by the Institute of Ecotechnics, the Heraclitus has sailed over 250,000 nautical miles studying oceans, coral reefs, rivers, lakes, estuaries and exploring the origins and futures of human cultures. The 84-foot boat is a unique blend of ancient Chinese junk design and modern technology.

Please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment