Saturday, June 4, 2011


I recently had the pleasure of interviewing one of my favorite artists,
Nathan Spoor, for one of my favorite publications, Juxtapoz. Spoor just opened his first solo show in two years, aptly named The Phantom Passport. The show runs through June 4th at Bold Hype in New York, where his paintings buzz with activity, detail and color, while maintaining a placid stillness amidst the chaos. I caught up with Spoor to ask him a few questions about his work- read the interview here.


I also attended an opening of Los Angeles-based artist Kris Lewis' work at the David B. Smith Gallery in Denver. Lewis masterfully blends traditional portraiture with a stylized modern edge, resulting in emotion laden subjects brimming with mystery and depth. I interviewed him for another publication I love, Hi-Fructose Magazine. Read it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment